Psalm 1:1 Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers.
Psalm 1 contrasts the ways of the wicked and the righteous….
- Do not follow the wicked’s advice. (Verse 1)
- Do not join in with mockers. (Verse 1)
- Delight in the law of the Lord. (Verse 2)
- Meditate on the Word day and night. (Verse 2)
- They bear fruit in all seasons, and the leaves will never wither. (Verse 3)
However the Wicked:
- Are like worthless chaff scattered by the wind. (Verse 4)
- Will be condemned at the Judgement. (Verse 5)
- Have no place among the godly. (Verse 5)
For…….Psalm 1:6 For the LORD watches over the path of the godly, but the path of the wicked leads to destruction.
Remember, that we are all wicked by ourselves. Through Jesus, we have been made righteous. Also know, that verse 5 doesn’t mean that we can’t minister to them. I interpret verse 5 as talking about who we hang around with….our friends!